Carnival UK, PR Director - P&O Cruises
Experience and energy, creativity, contacts and counsel...seeking a strong PR director for P&O Cruises who has all the above and is used to operating at a senior level.
Join a dynamic, forward-thinking company which is determined to become Britain’s number one holiday choice.
As we launch Iona, Britain’s biggest, newest, greenest and most contemporary ship, you’ll be full of ideas for stand out editorial projects which will generates headlines, trend on social media and engage a new audience for P&O Cruises. Join Britain’s favourite cruise line in this key senior PR role.
As PR Director, you will provide consultancy & expertise to all areas of the business on how to represent the brand, both in communications and through the guest experience on board.
- Support VP PR in the development and execution of stand-out creative PR plans in print, broadcast, social media and online with emphasis on online & print consumer presence
- Action core proactive and reactive media relations; press releases, press trip identification and arrangements
- Support VP PR with strategic PR plans in line with commercial and corporate objectives. Update planning, campaign and PIR documents with PR activity results
- Ensure alignment of PR activity across all marketing channels and attend appropriate commercial and planning strategy forums
- Generate creative ideas generating/writing/issuing of news releases and features
- Build on existing network of lifestyle media contacts across specialist online and print media
- Implement creative plans to maximise media coverage for launch of Iona in May 2020, ensuring disruptive and stand out PR activity
- Maintain and increase P&O Cruises coverage in traditional travel pages and extend in to wider consumer/lifestyle press, including broadcast media
- Provide creative input for stand-out media relations activity across all media
- Generate additional activity which will maintain and enhance P&O Cruises coverage e.g. via events and proactive feature story pitches
- Implement and sell in ideas pro-actively to all media, online, print and broadcast
- Up to six weeks per annum travelling on P&O Cruises fleet to escort press trips
- Occasional weekend work as necessary and when crisis/issues management is required
You will be a creator of high profile projects, working with stakeholders both in our Southampton office and on board our ships. You will be a calm and experienced voice to manage and support on reputational brand and industry issues.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard.
We provide world class cruise holidays and take enormous pride from bringing to life two of the most iconic brands from Britain’s rich seafaring heritage.
That legacy of elegance and style, of beautiful ships, inspiring leadership and guest-obsessed service excellence lives on today, as we evolve ourselves for tomorrow.
Working at Carnival UK means being part of a tight-knit and truly global team made up of friendly, happy, caring people.
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build an inclusive culture.
We want to support people to balance their interests and responsibilities outside of work with the demands of their role. That’s why we support flexible working.
We welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity
As a growing business we have a big focus on developing skills and continuous learning.
From formal qualification to the life lessons of worldwide travel, we offer our people a broad range of personal and professional development opportunities
All of our roles give people the chance to stretch themselves and learn from colleagues with a wealth of experience. As our business grows, we want our people to grow too.
So we’re determined to create opportunities for everyone to drive their development and define their own career path.
Click 'APPLY' now.