TechRadar, eCommerce Writer / Editor
Job Summary and Purpose
We’re looking for a shopping-savvy writer with experience in journalism or marketing to join the UK’s #1 tech site, TechRadar.
As a part of our award-winning team you’ll offer the best buying advice and tips by writing about the hottest deals from the best retailers on the latest tech and gadgets.
You’ll achieve this with a mix of fresh news stories on the latest deals and regularly-updated buying guides covering topics like the best value laptop and TV deals, Nintendo Switch bundles and Sky TV packages.
You’ll also write roundups of various items into handy guides for items like Fitbits, iPads, MacBooks, headphones and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a brilliant team and learn all of the skills you’ll need to build a career as a digital journalist.
About the Team
You’ll be a crucial part of two of our most successful teams - the TechRadar editorial team and the centralised eCommerce team.
TechRadar is one of the world’s biggest tech sites with 35 million visitors per month, writing about everything from the latest iPhones, TVs and laptops to the newest trends in driverless cars and electric scooters.
The eCommerce department is the fastest growing department in Future, and some might argue in all of publishing.
Our purpose is to unite readers with the products that enable them to pursue their passions. We do this through creating engaging content full of professional and impartial buying advice.
Last year we worked with over 2,000 retailers including Amazon, Walmart and John Lewis to help our audience buy an average of 12,000 products across the globe every day.
To deliver this we have developed our own proprietary Price Comparison technology, called Hawk, that allows our audiences to compare prices on over 300 million products.
You'll be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and very collaborative team that thinks fast and acts more like a retailer than a publisher.
- Writing news stories on the latest deals
- Create and maintain new and existing evergreen pages in order to rank highly on Google for buying-related keywords
- Researching new ecommerce-friendly subjects to target
- Stay up-to-date on SEO best practise to utilise in your work
- Check deals in our comparison charts are up-to-date
- Commission and manage freelancer content
- Analyze article performance (page views, transaction conversion rate, commission earnings etc) and see what we can do better, what works well and how those learnings could help elsewhere
- Plan ahead for peak events like Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day and other seasonal sales
- Stay up-to-date on the latest tech news to write about a wide range of items with authority
- Spotless spelling and grammar
- Able to write quickly and accurately
- Able to adapt and learn new skills
- A basic understanding of SEO - we’ll help you become a master
- An enthusiastic knowledge of tech and gadgets
- You know where to find great deals or compare prices
- Able to take the initiative and approach us with new ideas
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Career progression ladder
- Free digital subs to our magazines
- A huge global audience for your work
- Friendly working environment in a recently renovated workplace
- Training in all things editorial, SEO, ecommerce, peak trading preparation
- Exclusive discounts on cinema tickets, gift cards and other memberships
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online Audience Growth - ↑188%
EBITDA Growth - ↑169%
Revenue Growth - ↑103%
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
Click 'APPLY' now.