Art Director - Production, Barron's - NY
Barron's is seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Art Director to help define and produce the next iteration of the brand across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a production-minded leader who is focused on helping the department run efficiently, meet relentless deadlines and conceptualize creative solutions to complex financial and business editorial in print, online and social.
We're looking for somebody who can...
- Design and art direct department pages and features weekly for both print and online
- Commission original artwork from illustrators
- Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
- Manage day-to-day production aspects for the Art Department
- Produce graphics and visualizations for both print and online
- Color correct and prepare artwork for publication
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts is a plus
- Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required
- Experience with Wordpress is a plus
- Experience with Sketch is a plus
- Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).