Senior Communications Executive/Officer
SW - 007 - 1024
Senior Communications Executive/Officer
B2C / B2B
£150 - £200 per day
Headline of the role
An exciting multi-site leisure venue are looking for a Freelance Senior Communications Executive/Officer.
Ideally they are looking for a Senior Communications Executive/Officer who is able to create and run outstanding communications campaigns, whilst also implementing compelling campaigns using the full range of PR and media tactics, including social media, to target consumer and stakeholder audiences.
Working closely with with the Head of Communications, you will also help develop current and future marketing and communications strategy. These strategies will create content implementing innovative consumer, stakeholder and internal communications campaigns which generate exposure for the many sites, whilst also raising the profile of its activities.
My client controls and promotes not only extensive open space, but also a great mix of legacy venues including previous Great British sporting achievements sporting arenas and exciting adventure sports facilities. They stretch from central London through to Essex and Hertfordshire and their venues attract nearly eight million visitors a year ranging from the general public through to school trips and major telelvised tournaments.
They have some really exciting plans and these will help you create the boiler pitches to promote some real legacy projects that will bring a plethora of activities to a great cross section of visitors. This will be a rewarding but fun role as you join a five-person communications and marketing team.
The Senior Communications Executive/Officer
This is an all-round role and covers communications with the media and stakeholders, internal communications and some community consultation. You would ideally have experience in all of these. PR and media are the core skills of the post but you'll spend considerable parts of your day on communications targeting these other audiences. It's important that you're a completer-finisher as, although this role is part of a team, you'll have responsibility for all aspects of your work - from planning activity, through to "selling in" to journalists, landing coverage, running internal communications, sending stakeholder updates and reporting on your work.
You will also need to:
* Process a strategic communications techniques and knowledge
* Have a track record of developing and delivering annual communications plans
* Have a similar level background in either an agency or in-house PR/Communications environment
* Have a good network of media, blogger and influencer contacts from a range of titles and platforms and awareness of media and stakeholder agendas
* A track record of securing national, regional and specialist media coverage
* Process communication skills, both verbal and written with strong attention to detail
* Have experience of managing third party agencies
* Effective relationship building and the ability to establish rapport and influence others
* Have awareness of current/upcoming communications trends and a range of internal communications methods
* Have experience of using social media in a professional communications context
* Have exposure to tourism, sport, attractions or destination PR (not essential but would be desirable)
* Possess previous issue and crisis communications experience
You will ultimately deliver internal communications activities, ensuring that staff can act as ambassadors for the organisation. You will be comfortable proactively finding stories, writing press materials, selling in to the media, communicating with stakeholders and members of the community, and presenting the results of your work.
If you want to leave a lasting legacy and also have:
* Experience of producing content with strong attention to detail
* A passion for multi-tasking
* Process a creative spark but still understand corporate branding
* Positive outlook
* Happy being a self-starter and able to work at times question free
* Must be able to hit the ground running
Please do not hesitate to contact Steve Woodward on email@example.com or 0203 826 1210 to find out more about The Senior Communications Executive/Officer role, or if you want to find out about other available roles.
Apply for Senior Communications Executive/Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly