The Handbook, Deputy Editor
The Handbook is a leading online food and lifestyle magazine with a daily newsletter circulation of c100,000 Londoners.
We are looking to hire an experienced lifestyle writer/editor as Deputy Editor to help ambitiously grow The Handbook’s editorial offering.
The Deputy Editor will work with the Editor (that’s me) to set the magazine's forward strategy, help redefine our editorial output, liaise with freelancers and PRs, and also work along with the publication's commercial department to help devise winning paid-for campaigns.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience, ideally at a leading magazine or newspaper, or at least one I’ve heard of
- Be a bloody good writer
- Brim with genius ideas for features, roundups and news items
- At risk of sounding a bit ‘lonely hearts’, must have GSOH
- Have a wide circle of PR contacts
- Be punreasonably good at devising amusing headlines
- Understand the changing media environment and have ideas about how to seize opportunities this presents
- Be a social media like-magnet
- Have a great eye for detial
- Bring some commercial nouse to the table
- And, most importantly, be friendly, fun, sociable and outgoing
The full-time role will be paid according to experience and will be based at our Wandsworth office.
To apply please send a CV and examples of half-decent published stuff to the Editor, Phil Clarke by completing the application form below. Please start it with a memorable headline!