Hearst UK, Digital News Editor - 6 Month FTC
Hearst UK, publisher of iconic brands such as Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Elle and Digital Spy, is looking for an experienced digital news editor to join an exciting new online food project.
Ready to excite and engage a hungry audience of British foodies, the ideal candidate will be a proactive, data-driven self-starter who obviously loves eating and drinking, but can also craft smart, creative, useful and funny stories about both for site, search and social.
Producing exciting and engaging news and feature content for a new digital food project.
- Create engaging, topical UK-focused food news and features content every day.
- Use data and audience insights to generate engaging ideas that our readers will find useful, exciting and irresistible to share.
- Manage daily news agenda, running meetings and assigning stories as appropriate.
- Know the UK food and drink industry inside out and proactively break exclusive stories ahead of the competition.
- Work with Digital Editor and Social Media Manager to implement an effective news workflow strategy across site, search and social.
- Forge and nurture relationships with food, drink and hospitality PRs.
- Work with Digital Editor, Social Media Manager and Head of Video to develop a video content strategy across site, search and social.
- Contribute long-form pitches and new franchise ideas as appropriate.
- Attend events, interviews and product launches where necessary, representing the brand as an ambassador in person or on camera.
- Work with Production Assistant and Senior Ecommerce Editor to syndicate, curate and optimise relevant news stories from within the Hearst family.
- A confident self-starter with a book of contacts to stay on top of the latest launches.
- A digital native with a visual eye who is adept at writing and editing in a CMS.
- A first-class writer who is quick, accurate and able to respond to buzzing topics.
- SEO savvy with a good understanding of social and writing for different platforms
- Passionate about food and drink, and brimming with exciting and engaging ideas.
- A strong planner who can spot and adapt quickly to changes and challenges.
- Keen to learn and develop skills and be a part of an exciting new team.
Click 'APPLY' now.