Reuters, Senior Producer - Video News
3 days left
- Full Time
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day.
Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and via Reuters TV.
We are looking for an experienced television news journalist to join the team in our global TV hub in London that delivers news footage to more than 1,000 broadcasters and hundreds of digital outlets around the world.
Based in our London newsroom, the successful candidate will take on some of the more senior roles in the newsroom, able to work across our intake, live and output operations, coordinating global newsgathering and taking a lead in processing video and scripts for publication to client platforms.
S/he will have demonstrated a strong ability to remain focused and organised under pressure and have a strong flair for working with and leading high-performance teams.
This person will be expected to work as an output and field producer, and must be prepared to travel at short notice on assignments overseas and in the UK.
A background in video newsgathering is a must, as is the ability to write clean copy under pressure of time. Video editing is also a core skill, and field experience is a definite advantage. Experience leading teams both in the field and on the desk is required. The ability to shoot video will also confer a clear advantage.
Please note: this is a staff position on a shift pattern that involve some weekend and night work.
The role will report to the one of the editors in the newsroom and will take direction from intake, output or product editors, depending on what shift the person is rostered on.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in professional journalism in a broadcast or agency environment
- Excellent news judgment and a passion for breaking news
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative thinking in reacting to news stories
- Demonstrate leadership skills in directing editorial coverage and teams both on the desk and in the field
- Strong video editing and script writing skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice on major international news stories
- Demonstrate good decision making and ability to be proactive and independent.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Have a clear understanding of the news video needs of major broadcasters and digital clients
- Thorough understanding of latest video technologies for filming, editing, transmitting and sharing
- Organised team player
- Fluency or understanding of any of the major global language groups
- Basic camera skills, to the level of being able to produce a simple edit of a news story or news conference
- Experience of delivering creative output on online platforms
Education / Certifications:
- Education to first degree level
Please note, the deadline for applications is Monday 23 September at 2019 at 11.59pm UK Time.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers.
As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world.
Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals.
To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us - click 'APPLY' now.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.