Building, BD & Housing Today, Chief Sub-Editor
Assemble Media Group is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic chief sub-editor to join the Building, BD and Housing Today team.
This role includes work online and in print for Building, the respected B2B title for the construction industry and built environment; its sister title, BDonline.co.uk, which serves the architecture community; and the newly launched HousingToday.co.uk, aimed at the housebuilding sector.
We are a small team based in a busy Shoreditch office and the successful candidate will be helping to shape the digital-first future of the three titles.
- Sub-editing news, comment and features for the web and print
- Overseeing the work of a team of permanent and freelance sub-editors
- Enforcing deadlines and ensuring smooth copy flow across three titles, for print and web
- Working on print layouts in Adobe InDesign
Experience / skills:
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Flair for writing engaging headlines and standfirsts, and for coming up with brilliant feature and cover concepts
- Excellent communication skills, to run a busy production desk and liaise with colleagues, external contributors and printers
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work quickly to hit deadlines
- A great eye for detail
- Knowledge of media law and libel dangers
- High proficiency with InDesign and web CMS tools. Good working knowledge of Photoshop
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter by completing the application form below.
Closing date: Monday 7 October