We’re LADbible Group: a voice and identity for a community of more than 120 million people, and a way of life for a generation of fans the world over.
LADbible Group builds youth communities across multiple channels including our websites, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, and our apps.
We understand our audience and are on their side. Our community brings people together and we try to use our influence for good.
As a Journalist for Tyla, you will use your editorial talent, awareness of current affairs and passion for trending topics to produce high quality and thought provoking articles to be posted across the Tyla owned and operated platforms (.com, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat).
You will be an adept and unflappable online expert, with a passion for analysing traffic, building engagement on social media and spotting feature opportunities within the changing landscape of digital.
In the role, you will thrive on a fast paced and target driven desk, be proactive in growing a book of contacts, demand attention to detail, relish tight deadlines and constantly look to grow your journalistic flair.
Being able to task manage other team members, as well as mentoring to ensure their personal career development, is essential.
You will also be expected to take on the responsibility of individual writing projects and have a voice on the direction of Tyla editorial.
And, crucially, you will have an instinctive understanding of what makes the audience tick, while never being afraid to experiment and try new approaches.
Your knowledge of the audience will be second to none and you’ll have an instinctive understanding of how grow the website’s position as a daily lifestyle destination via a combination of news stories and long form original features.
You’ll also know how to enhance a story’s performance with the right curation of headline, photos, social sell and SEO.
Day to day work will involve a wide range of tasks from sourcing and writing the best, most compelling news stories out there to subbing other writers’ work and overseeing our conversations on social media.
- Producing trending news articles to tight deadlines with a dedication to accuracy, quality of copy and producing outstanding editorial that readers will seek out
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends and exclusives ahead of competitors
- Sourcing and pitching original ideas and lateral angles for viral articles
- Playing an active part in growing engagement, scroll depth, repeat visits and dwell-time on site
- Proactively pitching features tied to news stories or based on evergreen trends that inform and educate the Tyla reader
- Growing and utilising contacts for leads
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Upwards of two years working in a writing role on a women’s publisher
- Target driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually
- delivering unique and engaging content in the Tyla tone.
- Proven SEO knowledge and/or experience
- Clear understanding of Google Analytics, Facebook insights and other analytics tools
- CMS trained with photoshop abilities.
- Natural leadership skills
- A degree within a relevant field is desirable but not essential
To apply for this role please complete the form below sending us your CV and cover letter.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Apply for Tyla, Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly