The Sun, YouTube Politics Video Producer - Online
News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week.
Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including; FM104, Cork 96, LMFM, U105.8 and many more, as well as global ad tech business Unruly and social intelligence agency Storyful.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sports, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family values.
We are looking for a passionate and driven editor to create and curate video content for the Sun's YouTube channel, with a focus on politics.
Your day-to-day duties will include everything from sourcing, editing and scripting video for the platform in a fast paced environment. There will also be an opportunity to create YouTube original content.
A deep understanding of YouTube - what works and what doesn’t - is essential. Experience curating and managing a YouTube channel is preferred.
Most importantly, you should be a political junkie - someone who lives and breathes politics. Do you know the difference between prorogation and SO24? You will also be one of the faces of our politics coverage so experience presenting is also essential.
Someone with a deep network of contacts in and outside of Westminster is also preferred.
Day to day you will:
- Produce, present and edit videos on a daily basis for the Sun's YouTube channel, with a focus on politics
- Scripting experience for explainers
- Live and breath politics
- Work to strict deadlines with high output expectations
- Passionate and driven individual who can act as a team player
- Remain calm under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
- Self- starter, organised an effective problem solver
- Bursting with new ideas and ways to tell a story
What we’re looking for from you:
- Presenting and producing
- Ability to script explainer and SEO packages
- Expert level Premier skills
- Graphics expertise is preferable
- Proven ability to work under pressure in breaking news situations
- Deep understanding of YouTube
- Experience covering politics
- Ability to shoot and edit
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.