The Spectator, Head of Editorial Partnerships & Economic Correspondent
The Spectator is one of the most influential magazines in Britain.
Our events, podcasts and articles are some of the most entertaining, stimulating and enjoyable in London and always attract the highest quality speakers, participants, and readers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Editorial Partnerships and to represent The Spectator as our Economics Correspondent in the media.
- Come up with ideas for prospective clients
- Attend client pitches with the commercial team
- Meet with clients to agree their objectives and suggests event themes that are interesting for our readers and achieves client objectives.
- Commission research using freelance resource, liaising with our Podcast Editor and Events team
- Host our podcasts and debates.
- Create a write up after an event, when appropriate, that is good quality and makes use of the commissioned research
- Attend Editorial conferences and feed ideas into the team
- Will act as Economics Correspondent for the Spectator, writing several policy and economic articles for Coffee House per week
- Be a guest on policy podcasts
- Edit and post articles online
- Working to aid and expand Spectator USA’s public policy output
Skills and Experience:
- Academic background with outstanding research skills, ideally experience in public policy
- Deep understanding of economic policy
- Demonstrable experience in event topic generation
- Experienced public speaker
- Experience in building and expanding a podcast series
- Experienced hosting podcasts and events
- Experience in team management
- Recognised as an expert in economics and policy
- Strong relationships with senior business and policy figures
- Experience and strong skill set in writing and communicating public policy ideas
- Evidence of articles published widely
- Multi-skilled; able to manage different kinds of projects
- Connections to European and American public policy think tanks and news outlets
- Well-known and respected public policy figure in Westminster, the business community and beyond
- Established media profile
- Established online profile (for purpose of pushing and promoting podcasts)
- Degree educated
Please complete the application form below with a current CV, together with some thoughts on what you could bring to the role. Please also include your salary expectations and your availability to start.
Closing date for applications is 2 November 2019. If you have not received a response from us by 16 November 2019, please assume that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for an interview.
Apply for The Spectator, Head of Editorial Partnerships & Economic Correspondent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly