GTB, Brand Journalist
GTB is an award-winning innovative agency designed to deliver true ‘integration’ with the speed, diversity and limitless potential of modern communications. Bringing together best-of-breed data, media, advertising, technology and content under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
We’re a global agency network with a simple purpose: we make what matters. We believe that whatever we create - from ads to apps, from noise-cancelling dog kennels to lane-keeping double-beds (no, really) - should be relevant, purposeful and inspired.
We are proud to be part of the WPP group. Our founding client is The Ford Motor Company and we are responsible for the vast majority of Ford’s communication budget, forming one of the world’s biggest integrated communications partnerships.
The agency has a truly unique, vibrant and sociable culture offering great career prospects for Advertising & Marketing Communications professionals wishing to enhance their careers within a full-service environment, working on one of the world’s biggest advertisers, on a local, regional and global scale.
Makerhouse is the dedicated part of GTB that produces content assets for Ford of Europe Communications & Public Affairs, as well as those for Marketing.
Our editorial team of experienced journalists is central to conceiving, researching and crafting stories, many of which gain hundreds of pieces of coverage in consumer and automotive titles, online and in print, across Europe and the world over.
These could include an extensively researched and engagingly written piece on new vehicles; an article on the cutting edge robot that works the assembly line (and just happens to look like WALL-E); or how we ensure all Ford cars are tested for contact with sunscreen. All accompanied by compelling visuals.
Do you have a nose for a good story? Can you build great relationships with key contacts? Are you a proven journalist looking for a fresh challenge and a chance to prove yourself in a PR environment?
If you’re still reading this, then hopefully you’re thinking “yes” to all of the above. And that could be great news for both you and us.
We work across all of Europe, creating engaging content for our global automotive client, from press releases to videos and infographics. Through this content we aim to help them reach their ambition of becoming the world’s most trusted company, designing smart vehicles for a smart world.
We’re now looking for a writer to join the team and help find stories to form the basis of this content.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You’ll be based in London and expected to regularly visit sites in the UK and Germany, talking to engineers and designers and trying to find stories that would appeal to a wide audience than just automotive
- You will look at the ordinary in a different way, ask the right questions and have an instinctive feel for what could get national papers/websites excited, championing the stories you find
- Work with the wider team to create a suite of assets to support your story and help work through the approvals process with the client and any other relevant stakeholders
…AND WHAT’S MORE…
This is a creative role that would suit an ambitious journalist keen to expand their experience and work within a PR agency environment.
You’ll have the opportunity for travel, to embed yourself within a core team of people helping to support a huge brand’s communication aspirations and have the opportunity and support to learn new skills.
In return for your talent, ambition and dedication you’ll be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, and other associated benefits offered by Ogilvy, a WPP company.
- Be a trained journalist with at least three years working on newspapers/magazines/websites
- Have experience of interviewing people at all levels of seniority
- Be able to dissect technical information and translate it into understandable copy
- Use your own initiative to hunt down the next story
- Work with video editors and designers to create assets to support your stories
- Be comfortable working within an agency
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to deliver comprehensive, factually accurate and grammatically correct stories
- Be able to build respectful relationships with expert contacts within the company
- Be able to work effectively in a relatively autonomous role yet also be a team player
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for GTB, Brand Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly