The Sun, SEO Editor - Online
News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week.
Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including; FM104, Cork 96, LMFM, U105.8 and many more, as well as global ad tech business Unruly and social intelligence agency Storyful.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Our SEO editors work on a rota so regular evening (usually one week a month) and weekend (usually once a month) work is essential to this exciting, rewarding role.
Day to day you will:
- Report each morning on the top SEO keywords and top pages/articles driving traffic.
- Make recommendations to journalists and section heads through the day about trending search terms and relevant keywords.
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics and doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events e.g. Olympics
- Monitor trending data for newsroom suggestions and pass to editorial desks
- Optimise top pages for relevant keywords
- Act as a daily go-to person for journalists and reporters seeking advice or improvements to articles
- Forward link top traffic driving pages to other more recent articles to encourage circulation
- Monitor daily output and ensure relevant cross linking in articles e.g. ensure 2 other articles links in copy, relevant anchor text and links to topic pages. Either by editing themselves or by working with the relevant desk
- Ensure articles and pages are correctly tagged
- Build out topic pages and tag existing articles
What we’re looking for from you:
- Editorial background ideally with experience in a digital publishing environment
- Good understanding of the principles of editorial SEO
- Familiar with some SEO tools EG Google Trends
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Click 'APPLY' now.