Slimming World, Editorial Assistant
6 days left
- Full Time
Slimming World is the UK’s most advanced weight management organisation, helping members lose weight in our 19,000 groups around the UK every week.
The company has experienced consistent growth each year for the past 10 years, taking the brand to a clear leadership position in the UK and Ireland.
Slimming World Magazine is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and impeccably organised Editorial Assistant to research member success stories and provide administrative support to its award-winning editorial team, combining excellent people and multitasking skills, with an eye for detail and a nose for an inspirational story.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Sourcing and researching real-life slimming success stories from our members, providing detailed written outlines
- Responding to readers’ queries and feedback
- General day-to-day office administration
- Assisting in the organisation of photoshoots, including creating itineraries and booking travel and accommodation
- Attending competition days (outside of usual office hours)
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a proven interest in journalism or journalistic research
- Show a sincere interest in people and their personal stories
- Demonstrate empathy towards slimmers
- Have a commitment to providing excellent service to readers and members
- Have a warm and friendly telephone manner and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a very high standard of grammar and spelling
- Are a keen organiser, who can manage your time efficiently and set your own deadlines as you keep our busy office running smoothly
- Would love the opportunity to be at the heart of a busy, creative team
Please click 'APPLY' to submit your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary, telling us about you, and sharing three of your most recent achievements in a similar role.
Closing date: 20 October 2019