Private Equity Wire, Staff Writer
Private Equity Wire is looking for a talented journalist with experience of financial journalism to join the team and help move the needle by producing hard-hitting, captivating news stories and features.
This represents a unique opportunity to join a title enjoying strong year-on-year growth.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a genuine passion for getting into the minutiae of private equity deal making, operations and technology developments influencing how GPs invest, and manage their complex portfolios.
As such, they will need to be a self-starter, possessive of a keen analytical mind, ability to think laterally, present themselves in a professional, engaging manner, and bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the table to help PEW drive global readership subscriptions.
This is an exciting role with excellent opportunities for quick progression.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a comprehensive book of industry contacts and supply a regular stream of exclusive news articles, in addition to well-researched in-depth features exploring wider trends in the fast-moving world of private equity.
As well as developing sharp proprietary content, they will also be expected to support the events team, develop commercially-viable ideas to support the business development team, run webinars, and help the editorial team in the production of industry reports throughout the year.
Principal activities will focus on London although some travel will also be expected as and when necessary.
- Two years’ experience
- A minimum 2:1 degree in English, journalism, marketing or communications, Economics, History from a top 20 ranked university
- Demonstrable experience within the asset management (preferably institutional) or financial industry, with a solid understanding of financial, economic and investment concepts, portfolio construction and regulatory environment
- Proven track record of delivery high-quality content, with a strong knowledge of the institutional investment marketplace
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different institutional audiences,
- Exceptional organizational skills – the candidate must be capable of working independently and unwavering in their commitment to hit regular deadlines
- Maturity in terms of verbal skills, presentation skills, and overall interaction with colleagues and industry professionals
What we offer:
- A chance to join an exciting new chapter of growth at a well-established digital publishing company
- The opportunity to craft one’s reputation in an industry that is still only 30 years old and has yet to reach its potential – as well as to actively set the agenda and shape the way global institutional investors think about private equity
- A work environment that is both entrepreneurial and collegiate – and with a ‘fintech start-up’ feel
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Career progression linked directly to the candidate’s success
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Private Equity Wire, Staff Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly