CapitalStructure, Reporter - Leveraged Finance
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries.
Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees.
All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
CapitalStructure, part of the Fitch Group of companies, are seeking a bright, ambitious Leveraged Finance Reporter to join its Fulcrum editorial team in London. The role will sit alongside and support our market-leading research and editorial team.
You will be contributing to our CapitalStructure service, providing insight, analysis and data to senior decision-makers at hedge funds, banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
The role involves breaking news on the leveraged finance markets, producing analysis throughout new-issue stages, and covering situations in the secondary market.
Coverage will include highlighting potential financing transactions and deal announcements, plus detailed, accurate analysis on transactions as they progress through syndication and pricing, and continued reports on these post issuance via coverage of the secondary market.
A successful candidate should have an analytical mind and a high level of attention to detail. Experience covering distressed debt / leveraged finance / asset-backed markets is preferred.
- Produce factual, accurate and engaging first-to-market stories on the leveraged finance market
- Use investigative skills to source breaking stories on primary issuance and secondary market activity
- Identify key market trends and write analysis pieces relevant to the market
- Be motivated to take ownership of specific coverage areas within the editorial team
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in breaking financial news
- Outstanding networking and source development skills
- Strong English-language writing skills. Knowledge of a second European language would be a plus
- The ability to be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the job
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
Apply by completing the applicaiton form below.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions.
To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest.
Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment.
If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page.
Apply for CapitalStructure, Reporter - Leveraged Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly