French Embassy, Press & Communication Manager
The Press & Communication Manager is responsible for monitoring the press, producing press briefings on a daily basis and producing press materials, articles and content for the Embassy’s online communications.
Under the authority of the Embassy Spokesperson & Press Counsellor, the Press & Communication Manager responds to press enquiries and builds and maintains ongoing relationships with members of the UK-based media and press.
They advise on the Embassy’s communication strategy and help promote its missions and services.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Generate and manage press coverage of French government and embassy news, Embassy events and government visits;
- Write bylined articles and press materials in English;
- Write media reports & analytical coverage reports in French;
- Respond to enquiries from the UK-based press;
- Prepare media Q&As and interview briefings;
- Write content for the Embassy’s English and French-language website;
- Contribute content to the Embassy’s social media platforms;
- Assist with Embassy event management;
- Prepare a daily morning press briefing (which involves an early start) and monitor the UK media for relevant stories.
- Native-level English speaker
- Fluent in French (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of UK media and politics
- Good understanding of French politics and public positions
- Previous media or press office/agency experience, preferably in the UK
- Excellent writing skills (ability to draft content for web, social media articles and media reports)
- Experience using social media to engage followers
- Ability to work within a team (especially with digital content manager, translators, head of Embassy’s sections, interns) and a clear hierarchical system.
- Partial support for transport costs
- Pension fund with employer participation
- Possibility of complementary health with participation of the employer
Reporting to: Press Counsellor or her/his Deputy
Contact: General Secretary – 020 7073 1174
Please send a CV and a one-page cover letter, both in French by completing the application form below.
Deadline for applications: 21 October 2019
The candidate must live in the UK at the moment he or she is applying for this job.
Job available: End of October 2019