WIRED, Social Media Editor - 6 Month FTC
WIRED UK is looking for a creative and ambitious Social Media Editor to join its editorial team at an exciting time of digital expansion for the publication.
This new role calls for a candidate with a limitless passion for social media who can write, edit and optimise posts across myriad platforms. Expertise in using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories is essential, as is an eye for the next development in social.
The Social Media Editor will work closely with the Digital Editor and Audience Growth Manager to develop, implement and monitor a new social media strategy for WIRED.
They must possess razor-sharp organisational skills and ability to prioritise their time effectively.
The successful candidate will have an affinity with WIRED's audience and the topics it covers, and demonstrate how they would tell WIRED stories in new and innovative ways.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and optimise social posts across all active platforms
- Work closely with the Digital Editor and Audience Growth Manager to develop and implement social media strategy
- Work with the public relations team to coordinate promotion of exclusive reporting and features from the magazine and online
- Work with the paid social team to optimise our use of paid social to drive traffic
- Work with the WIRED Insights team to amplify the brand and support partner programmes
- Work with the events team to plan for and promote WIRED's numerous events
- Keep abreast of new developments in social media, on existing and new platforms
- Refine and post WIRED UK commercial posts on all platforms
- Set up regular reports to analyse data and metrics and work with the Audience Growth Manager to spot new opportunities
- Work with the Art Assistant and Video Producer to create social video and visual assets to promote WIRED articles and tell WIRED stories across all platforms
- Train and mentor WIRED editorial staff to improve their use of social media and grow their reach online.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- An intuitive, and analytical, understanding of how people use social media
- A passion for social media and digital platforms and a keen follower of talent, brands and influencers across the industry
- Experience of working for a publisher is advantageous but not essential
- An understanding of the commercial landscape of social media, from partnerships to endorsements
- A passion for WIRED’s journalism.
Click 'APPLY' now.