The Sun, Contributing Features Editor | Maternity Cover - Online
Reports to: Digital Features Editor
Purpose of role:
- To provide high-level support for the Features Editor, acting as head of department when required.
- To represent the department in meetings, to commission and edit features, interviews and investigations for The Sun Online's growing original features team.
- To manage and develop a team of writers.
- Generate compelling and agenda-setting ideas and interviews for Sun Online.
- Think up new and imaginative story angles to develop into features.
- Commission and brief staff writers/freelancers to bring ideas to fruition.
- Work closely with the features editor stories pegged to upcoming films, TV programmes, events and books.
- Build contacts with a range of PRs.
- Write and tightly edit copy so it meets a consistently high standard.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of commissioning and editing, either in a newspaper, magazine or online environment.
- Track record of coming up with fresh and relevant ideas.
- Already have good relationships with PRs and writers.
- Unflappable under pressure
- Have a great journalistic instinct, always spotting the best lines and most interesting angles
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.