GTB, Brand Journalists - Passenger / Commercial Vehicles
GTB is an award-winning innovative agency designed to deliver true ‘integration’ with the speed, diversity and limitless potential of modern communications. Bringing together best-of-breed data, media, advertising, technology and content under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
We’re a global agency network with a simple purpose: we make what matters. We believe that whatever we create - from ads to apps, from noise-cancelling dog kennels to lane-keeping double-beds (no, really) - should be relevant, purposeful and inspired.
We are proud to be part of the WPP group. Our founding client is The Ford Motor Company and we are responsible for the vast majority of Ford’s communication budget, forming one of the world’s biggest integrated communications partnerships.
The agency has a truly unique, vibrant and sociable culture offering great career prospects for Advertising & Marketing Communications professionals wishing to enhance their careers within a full-service environment, working on one of the world’s biggest advertisers, on a local, regional and global scale.
Makerhouse is the dedicated part of GTB that produces content assets for Ford of Europe Communications & Public Affairs, as well as those for Marketing.
Our editorial team of experienced journalists is central to conceiving, researching and crafting stories, many of which gain hundreds of pieces of coverage in consumer and automotive titles, online and in print, across Europe and the world over.
These could include an extensively researched and engagingly written piece on new vehicles; an article on the cutting edge robot that works the assembly line (and just happens to look like WALL-E); or how we ensure all Ford cars are tested for contact with sunscreen. All accompanied by compelling visuals.
Do you have a passion for cars? Can you tell your power from your torque, a disc brake from a drum, and have a keen eye for detail? Do you have a nose for a good story and proven journalism, news desk or editorial experience? Can you build great relationships with key contacts?
If you’re still reading this, then hopefully you’re thinking “yes” to all of the above. And that could be great news for both you and us.
We create engaging content for our global automotive client, from press releases to videos and infographics.
Through this content we aim to help the client reach their ambition of becoming the world’s most trusted company, designing smart vehicles for a smart world.
As a result of promotions within the team we are now seeking to expand. We are searching for a passenger vehicles writer AND a commercial vehicles writer to help find stories to form the basis of our content.
This stimulating and rewarding role would suit an ambitious journalist with a passion for passenger OR commercial vehicles and the automotive industry, who is keen to expand their experience and work within a PR agency environment.
You’ll have the opportunity to embed yourself within a core team of people helping to support a huge brand’s communication aspirations and have the opportunity and support to learn new skills.
In return for your talent, ambition and dedication you’ll be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, 28 days annual leave and other associated benefits offered by Ogilvy, a WPP company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be based in Dunton, Essex, and expected to regularly visit locations in London and occasionally Germany to research and develop passenger vehicle OR commercial vehicle media assets including press releases and technical specifications
- You will work alongside a skilled team of creative professionals to also develop factsheets, infographics and other assets that support passenger vehicle OR commercial vehicle product launches and news-making opportunities – fully utilising the resources available to you
- You will manage long-term projects and deliver assets and materials to an exceptional standard and pre-determined deadlines, overseeing approvals with the client and relevant stakeholders
- You will react quickly to short notice requests and news-making opportunities, skilfully delivering cogent, accurate and engaging content in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- You will ask the right questions to find and develop stories that will get national papers/websites excited, and appeal to a wider audience than purely automotive
- Be a trained journalist with at least three years working on newspapers/magazines/websites
- Possess a keen understanding of the European automotive industry and media environment
- A keen eye for proofreading, fact-checking, cross-checking and spotting anomalies in data charts
- Possess strong technical understanding and familiarity with automotive jargon
- Be able to dissect technical information and translate it into understandable copy
- For the Commercial Vehicles role, a strong understanding of Commercial Vehicles, and Commercial Vehicles European market is essential
- Have experience of interviewing people at all levels of seniority
- Be able to build respectful relationships with expert contacts
- Be able to use your own initiative to hunt down the next story
- Work with video editors and designers to create assets to support your stories
- Be comfortable working within an agency
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to deliver comprehensive, factually accurate and grammatically correct stories
- Ability to manage multiple work streams effectively
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, to a brief and to a deadline
Apply by completing the application form below.