lovePROPERTY.com, Features Editor
Love Inc is looking for a driven and flexible digital Features Editor to join the team on lovePROPERTY.com, a homes, property market and interiors online publication with a huge global audience.
Candidates should have worked on a consumer publication, ideally with experience of feature editing, within the lifestyle or property sector.
They will be able to handle working across several sections, primarily property, interiors, homes and architecture.
They will ideally be comfortable working on a CMS and have a good understanding of SEO.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years’ editorial experience in a relevant position and, ideally, hold a formal journalism qualification.
They should also boast a proven track record of sub-editing long-form features. Talented print editors looking to make the switch to digital will be considered.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Fast, accurate subbing and a rigorous approach to fact-checking
- A confident copy editor who is not afraid to make improvements
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to prepare a piece for online publishing
- Creative headlines
- A passion for property, architecture and homes
- The ability to repurpose existing content and 'thinking outside the box' to deliver on-brand gallery features and articles that drive both traffic and engagement
- Knowledge of current media legislation, especially libel and copyright law
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an appropriate timeframe
- A self-starting, motivated attitude
- Ability to work in a busy and challenging environment
The role will require you to perform the following tasks:
- Editing and improving 2,000-word+ photo gallery content for publication, from pitches and headlines through to metadata and pictures
- Fact-checking, grammar and spell checking content for publication
- Editing copy from British English into American English
- Sourcing new ideas for property, homes and interiors content as part of the wider team
- Establishing proof of concept and locating image and information sources for stories
- Researching and writing briefs, commissioning writers and processing invoices
- Assisting with editorial planning
- Statistical reporting on performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
lovePROPERTY.com was launched in 2018 as part of the suite of brands from Love Inc, a global digital online lifestyle publisher based in Central London.
Since launch we’ve seen huge growth and through our third-party content partners, we are read by millions of people in over 45 countries around the world every month.
We’re a successful, results-driven company looking to expand output and grow our readership.
This new position will be part of a small, dynamic team that oversees every aspect of content for the brand.
There is huge potential for the right person to grow into the role, with scope to develop and shape it in the future.
If this sounds like your ideal job, please submit your application by completing the form below.
Please make sure you include your CV, salary expectations, a detailed cover letter stating why you believe you have the right skills and experience for this role, along with recent examples of your work (e.g. links to recent and relevant online publications you have worked for).
Please also suggest three ideas for brilliant stories that you believe would be attractive to lovePROPERTY.com readers worldwide, complete with both an SEO headline and an eye-catching site-level headline, a short summary of the idea and why it would be successful.
This can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
Applications without all of the above will not be considered.
We offer a very competitive salary, bonus scheme and a comprehensive benefits package.