Newtrade, News Reporter
Newtrade Media is recruiting for a news reporter, based in Angel, Central London.
Newtrade is a well-established, but ambitious B2B media company in the independent retail and foodservice markets.
Our mission is to inspire and support the causes and advancement of the independent retail channel. We share knowledge, nurture relationships and deliver creative solutions that drive standards and results.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic journalist to become a specialist news and magazines reporter, breaking exclusive stories that impact the news and magazines sector and wider convenience channel for two market-leading titles and their website.
Newtrade is an accredited Investors in People organisation and is looking to find someone who wants to learn, develop and create effective editorial that drives print and digital success.
Join us and be the go-to reporter in the retail channel.
The news reporter is responsible for:
- Generating exclusive news and features in print and online that stand out from the competition.
- Working across the specialist news and magazines beat and a wider news agenda.
- Engaging with readers and supporting our strategy for subscription growth.
- Writing, fact-checking and proofing the weekly news and magazine pages.
- Planning the news and feature agenda for print, online, and social media.
- Ensuring editorial values of accuracy, relevance and ease of use are met, and that all material published is within the law.
Skills and experience required:
- Two years’ experience of working as a reporter in a busy news room.
- A high level of organisation, great planning skills and ability to hit multiple deadlines.
- Proven team player who can work effectively in a group, but can also use own initiative.
- The ability to understand and represent readers, demonstrated by examples of quality, accurate writing and editing, effective communication, relationship building, and product improvement.
- Fluency with using social media to promote and gather news.
Apply by completing the application form below.