The Sun, Senior Graphic Designer | Freelance Shifts - Online
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family values.
We are looking for a senior designer to work on The Sun Online team, focusing on creating outstanding graphics for The Sun website.
- You must be highly self-motivated, positive and self-starting as well as a team player
- Must be able to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
- Great general knowledge of Politics, UK news, UK TV and celebrities
- Experience in a previous senior role (news environment), heading up projects and leading junior members
- Strong creative and technical skills Photoshop, Illustrator (After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus)
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Great communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environment
- Passionate about design and understand how to deliver a variety of news stories in a well thought out way
- Good grasp of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- References must be available upon request
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.