Mirror Online, Assistant Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
Are you a first class journalist whose passion is digital? Are you ready for the next step in your career, working in one of the most dynamic online operations in the UK? Then this could be the role for you.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- Lead team day-to-day, overseeing content and liaising with all departments to create a dynamic and diverse website
- Implement editorial direction and strategy as set by the editorial director
- Manage staff and projects as and when required
- Lead digital conferences and represent the department in print equivalent
- Work with the editorial director on new strategy and projects
- Ensure all content is legally and IPSO compliant
- Work closely with print colleagues (national and regional)
- Show flexibility in the role and willing to work - at times - unsociable hours, including weekends
- Take interest in development of staff and ensure department's culture is open and inclusive·
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least five years experience in digital media with two at a national or major regional title
- Significant experience of managing staff in a pressured and frequently changing environment
- An open and flexible approach with the ability to learn new skills fast - and to teach them to others
- Passion to break stories and to present them in the best possible way across multiple platforms
- A journalism qualification - NCTJ, Trinity Mirror or equivalent
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.