Barcroft Studios, Researcher / Content Producer
International multimedia production company Barcroft Studios is recruiting for a Researcher / Content Producer to join its award-winning team.
Barcroft Studios supply editorial content to newspapers, websites, broadcasters and digital platforms around the world.
We also produce hit digital series include Born Different and Brand New Me, and incredible real life documentaries for broadcasters including the BBC, TLC, Netflix, and Channel 4. Barcroft is known as ‘the home of amazing true stories’ and our flagship YouTube channel, Barcroft TV, boasts over two billion views.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for finding compelling, shareable stories, and who wants to develop their skills in digital video production as part of our editorial team.
Being a Content Producer at Barcroft is as much about video production as story finding, and we’re looking for someone who’s excited by the evolving media landscape and the emerging opportunities.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, a fantastic researcher and will be genuinely excited by the prospect of producing incredible real life stories. And you will see your stories become a part of our hit series brands on platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Snapchat.
This post will be based at our London HQ in Hoxton.
Key Roles & responsibilities:
- Researching and casting original, inspiring real life stories that will resonate with Barcroft’s young, passionate audience
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from an idea to a finished film, including writing shooting briefs, scripts and feature copy
- Researching and responding to trending content and hot topics
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of finding original, newsworthy stories
- Have some experience in producing short form digital content
- Be highly organised and detail focused
- Be a team player and possess a positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and develop
- Possess the necessary initiative and drive to succeed in a pressurised environment to achieve both individual and company objectives
In 2016, Channel 4 invested in Barcroft Studios, as part of the broadcaster’s Growth Fund initiative.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and a covering letter by completing the application form below.